Sunday, January 24, 2010

Yammy weekend

Ireland has really good breads. No, not really these ones you can purchase in Tesco but these from food markets and small bakeries. Organic, with loads of seeds and no added preservatives.

Yesterday, while being in Dolkey, I've a bought a small loaf of a seedy bread - it's just so so tasty I can't stop thinking about it! ;) Usually when I eat bread made for big stores my stomach gets upset - so I stopped it few years ago and started baking my own bread. It really helped but I still like to taste new ones, not baked by me. I think it's a small hobby now ;) Recently I was buying so called "fitness bread" from the Polish shop in Capel Street. Awesome. Just flower, water, seeds and yeast. No added scary chemicals.
Today, while having a lunch in Johny Fox pub (great food!!!) I ate some of their bread - what a taste! You have to try it one day. And the cheesecake I had for my dessert - heavenly pleasure.
Well, that was a really yummy weekend :)

1 comment:

I like paints said...

Ha Ha, I am goin through a serious brown bread obsession at the moment!! Cant get enough of that wonderful stuff!